R. McGhee & Associates is seeking a full time entry level (intern) Architect to join the RMc Team, available starting in May 2018. See position description below.
Location: Washington, DC
Type: Full Time
Experience: Entry level
We are looking for creative, motivated and inquisitive design and technical talent who are excited about architecture in an urban environment. We are offering a position for an individual who will work under the direction of experienced, diverse, professional design staff on a variety of project opportunities.
RMc is looking for graduate architect candidates who: have a passion for architecture, urban design and historic preservation and who wish to develop and exercise their design, communication, research and technical skills on a career path to licensure.
This position opportunity will remain open until filled.
Tasks and Activities to be performed include but are not limited to:
- Produce technical, design and presentation drawings, graphic design work, and digital and physical modeling in support of RMc’s Architectural, Urban Design, Historic Preservation and Interior Design activities.
- Work professionally and collaboratively with others toward design and technical solutions.
- Receive close supervision and instruction regarding tasks and management.
- Participate in community and local agency engagement, outreach, marketing to support client and RMc professional and civic activities
- Receive career, and professional mentoring
- Perform administrative and clerical architectural assignments
- Professional experience is beneficial – but architectural and creative curiosity is required.
- Previous experience with the teamwork production of design documentation will be highly valuable.
- Basic understanding of architectural design and construction principles will be highly valuable
- Must possess good verbal and graphic communication skills: Physical/digital modeling and rendering ability is desired.